True Harvest Seeds is a charity working to preserve the native plants of the island of Ireland. Our primary aim is population and maintenance of a seed bank. Surrounding projects include education and training, receiving volunteers, growing native plants and seeds for sale.
We are looking for a marketing coordinator with a passion for the flora of Ireland. An attitude of and aptitude for the conservation of our planet is welcomed. The charity is poised to grow considerably in size, beginning with a three year, fully funded marketing role, designed to increase the preservation capacity, the public awareness and the sales turnover of the charity.
Your position as Marketing Coordinator will report to the Marketing Director, but you will have the opportunity to develop the role into one with full creative control, aligned with the charity’s strategy and key performance indicators.
Training will be provided in a variety of social and analytical software platforms, as well as core marketing frameworks over the first three years, leading to a variety of industry recognised certificates. This is in addition to learning the key roles and objectives of the charity’s conservation work.
The role will be primarily based at True Harvest Seeds in Kilclief, County Down.
The majority of the work will be based around the production and distribution of marketing material, designed to fulfil the marketing strategy. This includes digital and print assets, managing customer enquiries, ecommerce sales management, report collation and analysis.
- Initiate and undertake market research to identify marketing opportunities and media coverage.
- Perform competitive analysis.
- Engage with the target market in person and online.
- Prepare and present marketing sales and trend reports.
- Assist production staff to process ecommerce orders.
- Setup tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities.
- Develop original content for social, video, audio and written content, including copywriting.
- Translate the scientific data of the charity and industry into user-friendly concepts.
- Plan and implement trade show attendance.
- Ensure brand consistency across all channels.
- Produce and distribute public relations material.
- Work with designers to produce digital and printed marketing material.
- Develop and implement pay per click campaigns across search and social channels.
- Monitor market industry news and report on emerging trends.
- Produce reach, sales and return on investment reports.
- Work with staff and volunteers onsite and via remote conferencing to implement marketing campaigns.
- Undertake continuous marketing and platform training.
- To perform the job in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, especially with the Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policy.
- To perform any other duties as may be reasonably required from time-to-time.
- Demonstrable experience in content production and copywriting.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft or Google office software.
- Experience in website content management systems.
- Awareness of search engine optimisation techniques.
- Ability to gather large amount of data and convert it into meaningful analysis.
- Ability to work independently.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in media relations.
- Demonstrable experience in Photoshop, InDesign or equivalent software.
- Working knowledge of WooCommerce and Google Analytics.
- Experience in trade show sales.
- Demonstrable experience in video and audio content production.
Pay: £20,000 increasing 15% per year for the first 3 years and based on performance thereafter.
Contract: Permanent, full-time.
Core hours: 9.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday, flexible hours, 37.5 per week.
Closing date for applications 30th June 2pm.
Responses will be sent out by Wednesday 6th July.